[SSSD] SSSD (another) wish-list

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 22 07:57:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011, Dmitri Pal wrote:

> Actually this is a very good point. I think that content management system
> like Satellite is probably what you should look for.

I'm not sure I'd describe Satellite as a CMS, but I agree with your point.
Other than listing a machine as running RHEL 6, I wasn't sure I saw the appeal
of storing anything more in AD, as it's such a crude level of reporting anyway
(who really cares that a machine is running Service Pack 2 if it's not got a
critical patch installed?).

Spacewalk/Satellite do much more fine grained reporting, along with detailed
hardware inventories.

jh