[SSSD] Announcing SSSD 1.5.14

GOLLSCHEWSKY, Tim Tim.GOLLSCHEWSKY at suncorp.com.au
Wed Nov 2 04:16:25 UTC 2011

> Try setting ldap_group_nesting_level=1

Thanks for the tip.  I tried it but it didn't make any difference.

I assume it's because we've "flattened" our groups already, so it's probably has no effect.

> Frankly, I haven't noticed anything unusual in these logs. Perhaps someone else will.

So I'm pretty much out of ideas now.  I was hoping trac #1006 would fix my issue (very slow login times: https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2011-September/007000.html) but it hasn't made any difference.

Just a normal log in with my user id (which is a member of 149 groups) takes:  38.20s

If I move my /var/lib/sss into /dev/shm, it takes:  22.60s

Which is still pretty horrendous.

Are there any other options that I can try?

Best regards,

Tim Gollschewsky.

This e-mail is sent by Suncorp Group Limited ABN 66 145 290 124 or one of its related entities "Suncorp".
Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11 55 or at suncorp.com.au.
The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system.