[SSSD] Authentication against AD

Ondrej Valousek webserv at s3group.cz
Tue Nov 1 12:44:28 UTC 2011

> That's true. You can probably set up netgroups and use pam_access.so to
> accomplish this. I don't know anything about setting up netgroups on
> Active Directory, personally.
AD is (more-less) RFC2307 friendly so yes, it is possible to setup a traditional netgroups in AD - I did not verify its functionality with
sssd though.
So if it was up to me, I would not rape sssd to provide some functionality if the same thing can be accomplished by a more standard Unix-ish
way.

Ondrej