[SSSD] Another newbie request for help

Vic Watson vic.watson at ericsson.com
Thu Mar 24 14:58:09 UTC 2011

Hi All.

Sorry for the neophyte nature of my questions, but I'm struggling to get my system running against a tight deadline...

I've got all my machines authenticating logins etc. nicely against sssd. My /etc/pam.d/system-auth works fine.

Now I need to get samba working. My security setting is "user", which I expected to authenticate via pam. My /etc/pam.d/samba just includes system-auth, so that's clearly incorrect, as it completely fails to authenticate.

Does anyone have a potted smb.conf / pam.d/* I could use?

Thanks!

Vic.