[SSSD] new ldap users inconsistently able to auth on existing servers

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 18:19:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 14:15 -0400, Johnny Tan wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Jeff Schroeder
> <jeffschroeder at computer.org> wrote:
> >> What's the exact version I should be looking for? Whether it's shipped
> >> with the 5.7-BETA or even a later one that is recommended. I'm
> >> thinking if I dig around and find the most recent possible srpm and
> >> then drop the latest maintenance tarball in there, I could do an rpm
> >> rebuild of it.
> >
> > You might try sssd-1.5.1-34.el6_1.1.src.rpm from:
> > http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/source/SRPMS/vendor/
> >
> > You might need to update a couple of packages in a local mock
> > repository, but it is easy to do, I've done it with the Fedora sssd
> > packages from Koji.
>
> Hi Jeff:
>
> Would you happen to have notes from this rpm rebuild on Centos-5?
>
> I started down the path. For sssd, the requirement for krb5 >= 1.9 has
> led me down a long path of dependencies.
>
> For openldap24, similarly long path of dependencies.

The requirement for krb5 >= 1.9 is only for RHEL6. You can change that
to just krb5 if you extract the specfile from the SRPM.

Similarly, you don't NEED to build against openldap24.

So the following should work:

rpm2cpio sssd-1.5.1-34.el6_1.1.src.rpm |cpio --extract
Edit sssd.spec to remove the versioned requirement from krb5.
rpmbuild -ba sssd.spec