[SSSD] Kerb credential cache not getting into default_cache.ldb

Norman Elton normelton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:15:05 UTC 2011

Stephen / Sumit,

Thanks for your responses...

> This sounds like pam_krb5 is still called somewhere in your pam stack
> and doing authentication instead of sssd.

It does seem that way, but grep'ing through /etc/pam.d/* reveals no
instances of krb. I rebooted the box just to make sure nothing was
hanging around from before.

> Could you send the (sanitized) sssd_default.log of the login?

Attached. I'll also attach my sssd.conf, sshd_config, and
/etc/pam.d/system-auth (which is identical to password-auth).

In my sshd_config, I've still got GSSAPIAuthentication enabled. Is
this somehow bypassing sssd? I tried disabling it and leaving UsePAM
enabled, and couldn't login with my kerb ticket.

Norman