[SSSD] fd leak in sssd_pam

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 18:37:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 17:37 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Hej,
>

> I am noticing an fd leak with the /usr/lib/sssd/sssd_pam helper program
> (affected versions: 1.4.1--1.5.11). As is usual with weird bugs, this
> happens on one machine while it does not on another, but it at least it
> is reproducible on the one :)
> What I observe is that for every authentication attempt (may either
> fail or success), an fd is left behind::
<snip>

Jan, thanks very much for the bug report. I've opened an upstream ticket
to track it at https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/942

It's definitely an issue and I'm considering it a blocker for our 1.5.12
release. I spoke with Simo earlier and he thinks its similar to a bug he
recently fixed in winbind and should be able to get a patch soon for
testing.