[SSSD] uid with @(at) sign

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 11:37:35 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone can help. I am using RHEL 6.1 and trying to use sssd to
> authenticate to our ldap server.
>
> Our ldap server uses the uid=name at domain as the uid. sssd seems to pass the
> name part only. Below is the extract from log. This is generated by
> running getent passwd stefan at lsd.com
>
> Originally I had the issue where the @ part of the search was looking for a
> specific sssd provider. I changed my domain to lsd.com. This lets me
> search but as you can see below, passes the filter of uid=stefan and not
> uid=stefan at lsd.com
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,
as I suggested to you on our IRC channel, I still think you should try setting
re_expression in the config file so it doesn't translate the part after @ to a
domain name. This is what it could look like (not sure though, I don't have a
setup which I can test this on):

(?P<name>+$)

Please try that and let us know.

Jan