[SSSD] sssd & autofs

Ian Kent ikent at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 05:47:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 12:22 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 05:03 AM, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Quick question - is anyone working on the automounter support yet? I
> > am just curious how it would be done.

Me too, at this stage.

> > I see only one ticket (#900) which suggests support via executable
> > maps, but this solution seems to be quite nasty.
> > I believe that ideal solution would be via plugin library (something
> > like /usr/lib/autofs/lookup_sssd.so) to the automounter - I am sure
> > Ian Kent (the autofs maintainer) would help as well.
> >

> Ticket 900 is what we can afford doing ourselves. It is planned for
> 1.8 so it it will be worked closer to the end of the year.
> I am not sure if Ian Kent would have any cycles to help. I CCed him on
> the mail.
> The solution you are talking about is better but will take much more
> time and effort to implement. Would you be able to help?

I've talked about this briefly with Steven Gallagher but got side
tracked onto other things. I need to get back to that discussion.

I suspect that what will be needed is a lookup_sssd.so on the part of
autofs that talks to sssd and asks for map records and then handles the
various structural cases. Map entry specific (or data specific) handling
shouldn't be done in sssd. That doesn't mean that the task will be
simple for sssd either since there are a number of LDAP schema maps may
be stored in, and possibly stored outside of any of these schema but
that probably shouldn't be supported.