[SSSD] SSSD & sudo

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 12:35:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 14:21 +0200, Andy Kannberg wrote:
> Simo,
>
> What surprised me was that it also works for sudo rules that are
> delivered via LDAP.
> We don't have a local sudoers file, but all sudo rules are in LDAP.
>
> Which means, that when a users logs in on the system, the sudo rules
> for that user must be cached also by SSSD.

No, they are not cached by SSSD. Sudo itself can cache the LDAP rules
(though I don't know if it caches all rules or only those that have
previously been used) This is an internal feature of sudo.

The integration with SSSD is coming in the future so that we can provide
sudo rules from LDAP, FreeIPA or other sources with a unified interface.
I think that's where you got confused.