[SSSD] Behaviour of getgrnam/getgrgid

Ralf Haferkamp rhafer at suse.de
Mon Sep 27 19:37:18 UTC 2010

Am Montag 27 September 2010, 16:37:14 schrieb Simo Sorce:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:31:24 +0200
>
> Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer at suse.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > find updated patches attached. (Rebased against current master)
> >
> > Am Donnerstag 23 September 2010, 20:02:20 schrieb Stephen Gallagher:
> > > On 09/20/2010 11:13 AM, Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > > Patch 0001: Ack. This looks fine to me.
>
> Uhmm I think I see an issue in patch 1.
>
> It looks to me that we fail the operation if we have no members in a
> group as when calling sysdb_attrs_get_el() sdap_save_group() now
> treats ENOENT just like a fatal error.
Hm, I am not sure what call to  sysdb_attrs_get_el() you are referring
to, but if I understand the sysdb_attrs_get_el() code correctly it will
never return ENOENT.
It just calls sysdb_attrs_get_el_int with alloc=true in that case the
only error that can return is ENOMEN. Did I overlook something?
IIRC I explicitly tested the code with empty groups.

> Although uncommon I think we should handle empty groups.
Of course.

> Also I have a cosmetic request. It took sometimes to me to understand
> what the name sysdb_member_dns meant. Would it be possible to rename
> it to something like populate_members/resolve/members/fetch_members
> or something similar ? It would make it easier to understand it is an
> option that does something like store_members, just different.
Ok. Find updated patch attached.

--
Ralf