[SSSD] Config problem or bug(?) with sssd and Windows AD 2008

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 12:42:58 UTC 2010

On 10/11/2010 08:35 AM, Patrick Grieshaber wrote:
>> Thank you very much for the SUA hint. The auth works now :-).
>
>> But still ldap_schema = rfc2307bis was not enough information.
>> I had to adjust:
>> - ldap_user_name = sAMAccountName
>> - ldap_user_object_class = person
>> - ldap_user_uid_number = uSNCreated
>> - ldap_user_gid_number = logonCount
>
>> I want a unique uid (by default it takes the value of the attribute
>> userAccountControll - not unique!). uSNCreated is a unique attribute
>> value in AD. Unforunately sssd auth does not work if
>> ldap_user_gid_number has the same attribute as value as
>> ldap_user_uid_number.. I am still looking for a sensual attribute.

try:
ldap_user_uid_number = msSFU30UidNumber
ldap_user_gid_number = msSFU30GidNumber

Also, you probably want:
ldap_user_name = msSFU30Name

I'm guessing you're using an older ActiveDirectory, so chances are this
is the more-or-less complete set of attributes you want:

ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
ldap_user_object_class = person
ldap_user_name = msSFU30Name
ldap_user_uid_number = msSFU30UidNumber
ldap_user_gid_number = msSFU30GidNumber
ldap_user_home_directory = msSFU30HomeDirectory
ldap_user_shell = msSFU30LoginShell
ldap_user_principal = userPrincipalName
ldap_group_object_class = group
ldap_group_name = msSFU30Name
ldap_group_gid_number = msSFU30GidNumber
ldap_force_upper_case_realm = True

- --
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761