[SSSD] sssd on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Mon May 31 14:34:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 04:25:02PM +0200, Torsten Spindler wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 09:25 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > Hmm, that's odd. Check your startup script for SSSD. It should include
> > --debug-to-files.
>
> Thanks, I'll ask the developer to add this to the Ubuntu upstart script.
> Unfortunately no information is logged when calling $ getent passwd -s
> sss <username>. It looks like nsswitch is ignoring the sss entry
> alltogether... Is there a way to query sssd directly or with a C

You can check with 'strace getent passwd <username>' if the nss sssd
client is loaded and used. If it is used, it might be possible to see a
reason why sssd does not see any request from the client. Feel free to
send the compressed output to the list if it does not contain any
sensible information.

Btw, are you running nscd? If yes try to stop it and see if sssd returns
anything.

HTH

bye,
Sumit