[SSSD] [patch] Make example sssd.conf a working example with a local domain

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri May 28 11:54:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 08:27:55 +0200
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> [Simo Sorce]
> > Hi Petter,
> > the reason we do not configure LOCAL by default is that at the
> > moment it has limited value.
>
> Given that we want a working default configuration for sssd in Debian,
> which make sure the daemon start when the package is installed without
> any questions, what should such default configuration look like?
>
> At the moment it is a simple LOCAL, as neither Kerberos nor LDAP work
> without any configuration.
>
> Is it possible to make a no-op configuration, while still getting sssd
> to start?

No, if your goal is to have it starting even when "not configured" I
think LOCAL is your only reasonable choice.

But you may want to change the min/max id for Debian, IIRC the min uid
in debian starts at 1000 ?

> (And stating that you believe this goal is not wanted after all do not
> really help, so please keep such replies to a minimum. :)

I was just explaining why we don't want to make that a default upstream.
What you do in a distribution package is, of course, up to you.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York