[SSSD] Separate minimum uid and gid filter?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 20 14:19:58 UTC 2010

[Stephen Gallagher]
> No, this is not possible.

Very sad to hear this.

> Using network users and groups with IDs less than 1000 is a very bad
> idea, because they can conflict with system accounts on the client.

I am well aware of the consequences, but those are irrelevant for this
use case.  Our 20 year old user and group directory have groups and
users) in NIS and LDAP with gid < 1000, and we will just have to cope
with it.  If sssd can't provide what we want, we always can fall back
to to nscd and libpam-ccreds in concert with ldap or kerberos
authentication.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen