[SSSD] Separate minimum uid and gid filter?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 20 13:09:53 UTC 2010

After some struggling, I was finally able to get sssd version 1.0.5
working here at the university.  The problem was not related to SSL
certificates as I first suspected, but related to some surprising
uid/gid filtering.

My user have a gid value of 300, and users with this gid are silently
ignored by sssd.  I tried to find some configuration setting to
configure the minimun gid, but found nothing in the manual page for
sssd.conf.  I did on the other hand find the min_id value.  But I
would really like to keep the uid limit at 1000, while I would like to
lower the gid limit to 1.  Is this possible?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen