[SSSD] How well do sssd scale?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 6 18:51:50 UTC 2010

[Jeff Schroeder]
> What version of sssd do you have and could you please post your
> configuration file? There was an issue with 1.0.5 and certain
> configurations that would cause 100% cpu usage.

I'm using 1.0.5, yes.  It is the version in Ubuntu/Lucid at the
moment.  This is the config file I used:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
reconnection_retries = 3
sbus_timeout = 30
services = nss, pam
domains = UIO.NO

[nss]
filter_groups = root
filter_users = root
reconnection_retries = 3

[pam]
reconnection_retries = 3

[domain/UIO.NO]
auth_provider = ldap
id_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldap://ldap.uio.no
ldap_search_base = cn=system,dc=uio,dc=no
ldap_tls_reqcert = demand
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/ssl/certs
cache_credentials = true
enumerate = true

I suspect the problem might be the use of /etc/ssl/certs/ as the
cacertdir, as that problem with 100% CPU went away when I started
specifying "ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt".

But I am still unable to get sssd to work properly with our LDAP
server.  Suspect some certificate issue, but have not been able to
pinpoint the problem yet.

I've started working on a 1.1.1 package for Debian (and probably into
Ubuntu too), but the package structure changed quite a bit and this
need more work before it can be uploaded into Debian.  The 1.0.5
package is already uploaded into Debian, and just need to be accepted
into the archive to be available for testing.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen