[SSSD] How well do sssd scale?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 6 13:50:22 UTC 2010

I am testing sssd and the pam and nss package on Ubuntu here at the
university, and ran into unexpected behaviour.  sssd_be uses 100% CPU
most of the time, and top report that its virtual size is 244 MB and
its resident size is 152 MB.  I've configured sssd to use LDAP as a
directory and as the authentication method.

The university have a lot of users and groups, and I wonder if this is
why the process is so big and use so much CPU.  How well do sssd
scale?  Can it handle a directory with 100 000 users and 10 000
groups?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen