[SSSD] [patch] Allow Debian/Ubuntu build to pass --install-layout=deb to setup.py

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu May 6 12:03:49 UTC 2010

[Stephen Gallagher]
> Ah, you're right. We really should add a pointer to our devel list
> (sssd-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org) and our wiki
> (https://fedorahosted.org/sssd)

Yeah.  Having both in the README would have helped me. :)

Sure, I said so in my email too. :)

> Please take a look at sssd-1.1.1/src/external/platform.m4 You can
> add a Debian target there, and then have the Makefile.am set
> DISTSETUPOPTS only when 'if HAVE_DEB' is true. I'm not familiar
> enough with Debian to write these tests myself.

Why not just leave DISTSETUPOPTS used but empty in Makefile.am?  It
would allow us to use

   make install DISTSETUPOPTS=--install-layout=deb

when installing the debian package.

I might find time to look at platform.m4 too eventually, but hope
someone more familiar with sssd find time to implement this.
BTW: Detecting a Debian derivative can be done by looking for
/etc/debian_version, btw. :)

> Please feel free to subscribe to the sssd-devel list at
> https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/sssd-devel for submitting
> newer patches. I'm forwarding the current version there for
> posterity.

I'm now subscribed via gmane. :)

Happy hacking,
--