[SSSD] LDAP connection tracking, sharing and fail-over retry framework

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 13:28:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:01:17 +0400
Eugene Indenbom <eindenbom at gmail.com> wrote:

> If we do reconnect logic within sdap_generic_send, than after request
> for HBAC hosts is completed LDAP connection is released and could be
> dropped, as sdap_generic_send has no idea about second (HBAC rules)
> and third (HBAC services) requests that still needs to be processed.

Sorry I don't get this one. If sdap_generic_send fails midway then it
should restart itself, and if the connection is down when it is called
it should try to restart the connection itself before proceeding.

The point I was trying to make is that reconnections should be moved to
the lower level, so that less calls are involved in wrapping around
reconnects and retries.

I am not saying we need to do this immediately, I know more changes
will be needed to do something like this but I think that keeping
connection level issues (including reconnections) at a lower level is
better.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York