[SSSD] Ticket renewal

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 23:25:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I thought that ticket renewal was fixed in the version I have.
My yum info is blow at the bottom.

Issue 1) I have been on line on VPN for many hours today. The screen
locked and unlocked many times.
The klist gives:

[dpal at dpal common]$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_12785_JvrvLj
Default principal: dpal at REDHAT.COM

12/31/69 19:00:00  12/31/69 19:00:00  krbtgt/REDHAT.COM at REDHAT.COM

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt12785
klist: You have no tickets cached
[dpal at dpal common]$ ls /tmp/krb*
/tmp/krb5cc_12785  /tmp/krb5cc_12785_JvrvLj
[dpal at dpal common]$ klist /tmp/krb5cc_12785
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_12785

12/03/09 09:01:03  12/03/09 19:01:00  krbtgt/REDHAT.COM at REDHAT.COM
[dpal at dpal common]$

I would expect to have a valid ticket. I thought the issue was fixed
before 1.0.0 which I have. May be I am mistaken.

Issue 2) Why the new package is 1.2 M and the old is 4.1M. This seems
like a significant change. Are we missing anything?

[dpal at dpal common]$  yum info sssd

Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security

Installed Packages

Name       : sssd

Arch       : i386

Version    : 1.0.0

Release    : 0.2009121819gitc153b1c.el5

Size       : 4.1 M

Repo       : installed

Summary    : System Security Services Daemon

URL        : http://www.freeipa.org/

License    : GPLv3+ and LGPLv3+

           : authentication mechanisms. It provides an NSS and PAM interface toward

           : the system and a pluggable backend system to connect to multiple different

           : account sources. It is also the basis to provide client auditing and policy

           : services for projects like FreeIPA.

Available Packages

Name       : sssd

Arch       : i386