[SSSD] Speed hacks for testers

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Sun Feb 28 02:17:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:37:27 -0500
Stephen Gallagher <stephen at gallagherhome.com> wrote:

> Simo, see my recent patch to add a --with-test-dir. If you set this
> to /dev/shm, it increases performance immensely.

Yes, I've seen that, but NOSYNC seem a better way then hacking up a RAM
disk ... we may even think of adding a propoer option, for those that
need the performance even if it may cost them consistency in case of a
hard failure. I am sure on servers this is a tradeoff you may want
because the sustained cost of NOSYNC would be probably higher than the
occasional crash+repopulate cache. Of course if NOSYNC is used we need
to be able to detect that the Cache DB is corrupted and wipe it at
startup.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York