[SSSD] sssd-ldap equivalent of nss_override_attribute_value ?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 18:18:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:17:15 -0500
"Gabriel L. Somlo" <gsomlo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to migrate my ldap authorization setup from nss_ldap to
> sssd, and got stuck on finding an sssd.conf-equivalent to the
> nss_override_attribute_value statement available in nss_ldap.conf.
>
> I can easily do something like
>
> 	ldap_user_uid_number unixUid
>
> instead of
>
> 	nss_map_attribute uidNumber unixUid
>
> but can't figure out a way to do the equivalent of
>
> 	nss_override_attribute_value gidNumber 100
>
> (the group numbers returned via the unixGid attribute by our ldap
> server -- over which I have no control -- are useless).
>
> I realize this *might* not be a devel-related issue (unless it's
> currently not possible to accomplish, in which case it's a feature
> request :) ) but I couldn't find an sssd-users mailing list anywhere,
> and lmgtfy.com wasn't of much help either.

It is currently not possible to override attribute values in sssd.
You may want to open a RFE ticket in our trac instance, but I am not
sure this is going to have a high priority, we kind of assume you
should have a decently configured LDAP server at this stage of
development.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York