[SSSD] Group results.

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Dec 10 15:07:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:58:08 +0100
Patrik Martinsson <Patrik.Martinsson at smhi.se> wrote:

> Hey again,
>
> Thanks for answering so quick!
>
> Ok. So I asked our Windowsdepartment what kind of RFC we are using
> today and got the answer "Don't know if we satisfy any RFC today, the
> base is AD4Unix.". I don't really know what to make of that, however
> I do know that i want sssd to base groupmembership on memberUid, and
> therefore i should use "ldap_schema = rfc2307". So that's what I did
> and here is the what i got.
>
> I do an ldapsearch on a fubar-group and i see that
> memberuid: foo
>
> I do a getent group fubar and i get a list of users in that group,
> however not the user foo.
> So why is it that foo user is shown in the ldapsearch but not in
> sssd ? Actually the only users sssd is showing is the ones having
> 'member' attributes, not the memberUid users.
> Is it being cached in some way ? I do restart sssd after each
> configuration change.
>
> How can i debug this more ? I would really like to get this working.

When you change mappings this way it is best to wipe out the cache
completely and then restart.

The cache is a file in /var/lib/sss/db/cache_<domainname>.ldb

Do not remove any other file, just the one with the domian (as defined
in the sssd.conf section you are configuring).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York