[SSSD] [Fwd: Re: #456: Register with NetworkManager for notifications]

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 15:15:58 UTC 2010

On 04/28/2010 11:07 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> Is there any way to determine is this is a primary interface or not?
> I think we should treat interface through which we established
> connection th the server (in my terms "primary" interface) differently
> from other interfaces.
> If we get notification from the NM about the interface that we used to
> talk to server (i.e. "primary interface) we should go offline.
> If we get notification from a different interface we should ignore it.

I stated much the same in my reply to the ticket.

Basically, I intend to reuse much of the code I'm going to write for
handling dynamic DNS updates in FreeIPA. We will know which interfaces
are relevant for the provider, and if either of them changes, we can
trigger the offline event.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761