[SSSD] pam_pkcs11.so is missing for LOCAL domain?

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 04:04:35 UTC 2010

Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 14:24 +1000, David O'Brien wrote:
>> I'm using the authconfig gui on rhel6 beta to set up SSSD, and I get the
>> following message:
>>
>> Authentication module /lib/security/pam_pkcs11.so is missing.
>> Authentication process might not work correctly.
>>
>> /var/log/sssd/sssd_pam.log is empty
>> /var/log/messages has nothing significant
>>
>> The sssd service is running, but I don't know what's going to work (or not).
>>
>> Is there something else I need to install for this?
>> I'll provide more info if I get it.
>
> Please try newer authconfig packages. The current build in brew for
> RHEL-6 is authconfig-6.1.3-3.el6.
> https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/buildinfo?buildID=130102

Yes, I did that, and I now have a completely different GUI for
Authentication Configuration, which lacks any (visible) means of
configuring SSSD.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks a lot.

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific Pty Ltd

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb