[SSSD] [Patch] Remove references to Data Provider service from sssd.conf and manpages

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 04:24:58 UTC 2009

Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 08:56 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> The previous patch I sent ensured that the DP wouldn't be loaded, but
>> this patch removes all mention of it.
>
> Ack.
>
> Simo.

Can I remove mentions of this from the wiki? e.g.
In the Configuring Services section of the HowTo:
"We use several services in this HOWTO - NSS, Data Provider, PAM and a
service called monitor that watches over other services, starts or
restarts them as needed."
"A data provider front-end service for populating cache data from
back-ends "

Not sure where else it might appear...

btw, is "monitor" the final name for this service? Would
"sssd_service_monitor" work?

thanks

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when
one will do."
     Thomas Jefferson