[SSSD] ELAPI fundamental architectural issue

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 19:54:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:27 -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> If I understand you correctly you agree that having an internal queue
> is
> the right approach.
>
> Do you agree with the recommendation to use different dispatchers if
> application wants to log sync and async events at the same time?

No. It would cause logs to not be ordered anymore.

> Or do you think one dispatcher should be capable of working with
> external and internal loop at the same time and give the caller a
> choice
> which loop to use within the dispatcher? But then why not just create
> the second dispatcher?

No I think that apps that use mixed async and sycn logging do so only
when sending a sync log requires it to know the operation went through.
In that case the application is prepared to wait the time it takes for
the log to go through.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York