[SSSD] wildcard chars for sssd.conf?

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 22:07:47 UTC 2009

Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> On 11/11/2009 01:26 AM, David O'Brien wrote:
>> from IRC when everyone was sleeping  ;-)
>>
>> davido [Mon 18:28] is there such a thing as a wildcard character that
>> works in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf ?
>> davido [Mon 18:29] I tried filter_groups = * to see if I could break it
>> but it didn't work
>> davido [Mon 18:30] I should rephrase that... it didn't break
>>
>> thanks
>
> Not wildcards as such, though we do have a couple of advanced options in
> the kerberos provider such as krb5_ccname_template that can offer
> printf-style substitutions.
>
> In the case of filter_groups, all you've done is tell it to ignore a
> group named "*" (which should be impossible anyway)

ok, so if you had, for example, several admins with names such as
admin_web, admin_dns, admin_nfs, etc., with elevated privileges, you
would have to list them explicitly. You couldn't do admin_* or anything
similar.

I'm not suggesting this is an actual use case, it's just something that
popped into my head while I was messing around with configs.

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific

http://freeipa.org/page/DocumentationPortal
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when
one will do."
     Thomas Jefferson