[SSSD] questions about groups in sssd

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 05:46:09 UTC 2009

1. No facility for renaming a group? e.g. groupmod -n <oldName> <newName>

2. No facility for creating multiple groups? (Actually in a separate
email with examples, but no replies yet)

3. No facility to remove a user from a group if that group membership is
by way of nested groups? I don't know if this is something that might be
required or useful, if it would be problematic or dangerous, I just
noticed that it failed:
[root at alice ~]# sss_usermod -r GroupB UserC
Could not modify user - user already member of groups?

I think that's all for now. Sending before VPN dies again :)
--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific

http://freeipa.org/page/DocumentationPortal
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb