[SSSD] Using the -M option with sss_useradd

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Sun Dec 6 08:10:22 UTC 2009

David O'Brien wrote:
> I'm curious about the description for this argument:
>
>    -M,--no-create-home
>             Do not create the userĀ“s home directory. Overrides
> configuration settings.
>
> Don't all command-line arguments override configuration and default
> settings? Is this one different somehow? Any particular reason for
> specifically including this statement?
>
> thanks
I guess I should read more...

I just found this same statement in a few more places (e.g., sss_userdel
-r and -R). Either way, same question: isn't this standard behaviour for
all cli options?

--

David O'Brien
Red Hat Asia Pacific

http://freeipa.org/page/DocumentationPortal
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains
a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb