[SSSD] The Monitor returned an error [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply]

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 25 17:06:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Stephen Gallagher<sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> I can reproduce this at will on my Ubuntu VM. For some reason, none of
> the services are sending their identity (or at least getting it TO the
> monitor) so the monitor is killing them off.
>
> Strangely, the services sending it are also seeing the monitor returning
> NoReply. I think it may be a bug in their version of libdbus.

It seems that the dbus security file is not installed. If there's no
security policy, then the bus daemon will *deny*  all messages. It's
probably even refused the service from registering any name on the bus
to begin with.

Is there is a Dbus security file in the released tarball?

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com