[SSSD] [Fwd: [seceng-idm-qe-list] SSSD Testing Status]

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 14 18:53:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Karsten Wade<kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 08:31:55AM -0400, Jenny Galipeau wrote:
>>   Right now, the answer is no.  Ultimately, I would like to
>> integrate these tests with RHTS though.  I know that there are existing
>> tests in the SSSD source code and I do plan on reviewing them and
>> extending them if necessary.  I believe this is where upstream
>> contribution should take place.  I wanted the community to see what
>> testing I am doing currently though and the status.  As RH IDM QE, we
>> only qualify Red Hat releases, that's not say I don't want to contribute
>> to upstream though :-)
>
> I think you have the right instinct.  You stand to make your job
> easier with any sharing that you can do.  It encourages others to
> participate.  Even smaller amounts consistently shared create the
> right culture ("slow and steady wins the race"), and when a bigger
> pathway opens (RHTS & Beaker, for example), you've got a portion of
> the groundwork laid out and a working culture of testing and
> participating.
>
> Let us know if there's anything you need to make it easier or more
> productive for you in sharing testing ideas and results.

Now that I've pushed a package for testing in a PPA I'm looking for
automated testing of the packages. I've noticed there were some tests
in the upstream code but I haven't had time yet to look into enabling
them at build time (is it even possible?). Any other tests would also
be welcomed ; especially if they can automated and integrated with
checkbox [1].

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Automation/Checkbox

--
Mathias Gug