[SSSD] [Fwd: [seceng-idm-qe-list] SSSD Testing Status]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 16:44:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 08:31:55AM -0400, Jenny Galipeau wrote:

> Karsten:
> These are great questions.  In hind sight, I probably shouldn't have
> sent the internal link to the test scripts to the SSSD-devel list, since
> it is unreachable.  I'm still learning - having only been a Red Hatter
> for 1 year.

And thus you'll find we've all faced this -- information available at
an internal URL but worth consuming by a wider audience. :) One reason
Fedora Project, for example, has slowly and steadily built an entirely
external infrastructure.

>   Right now, the answer is no.  Ultimately, I would like to
> integrate these tests with RHTS though.  I know that there are existing
> tests in the SSSD source code and I do plan on reviewing them and
> extending them if necessary.  I believe this is where upstream
> contribution should take place.  I wanted the community to see what
> testing I am doing currently though and the status.  As RH IDM QE, we
> only qualify Red Hat releases, that's not say I don't want to contribute
> to upstream though :-)

I think you have the right instinct.  You stand to make your job
easier with any sharing that you can do.  It encourages others to
participate.  Even smaller amounts consistently shared create the
right culture ("slow and steady wins the race"), and when a bigger
pathway opens (RHTS & Beaker, for example), you've got a portion of
the groundwork laid out and a working culture of testing and
participating.

Let us know if there's anything you need to make it easier or more
productive for you in sharing testing ideas and results.

Thanks - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41