[SSSD] Ubuntu packages available from freeipa PPA

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 14 13:48:15 UTC 2009

Hi Stephen

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Stephen Gallagher<sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>> My plan is still to try to get 0.5.0 in Karmic. The deadline
>> (FeatureFreeze) is Thu, August 27th.
>
> We currently have a targeted release date of August 24th for the SSSD
> 0.5.0 (specifically to make your August 27th feature freeze). How hard
> is that date (if we discovered a last-minute blocking issue, for instance)?

A package needs to be uploaded by this date. Once we're in Feature
Freeze the focus is on fixing bugs. If I have an upstream tarball I
can build a package from I can upload it to the archive.

One option would be to release an 0.5.0 RC tarball when master is
frozen. I could then upload 0.5.0 RC to karmic before Feature Freeze.
If only bug fixes are supposed to get in master once it is frozen, the
final version of 0.5.0 could be uploaded after Feature Freeze as it
would only include bug fixes (and no new features).

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com