[SSSD] sssd Planning for SSSD 0.5.0 and beyond

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 6 08:16:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Stephen Gallagher<sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Stephen Gallagher<sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> * Successful build on Ubuntu Karmic (working as of today)
>>
>> Are you interested in having the debian packaging code (ie a debian/
>> directory) in the upstream branch (and tarball)?
>>

> That's something we could consider having in a /contrib directory in the
> tree. We already have support for building Fedora-compatible RPMs in the
> upstream repo, so I don't think we'd be likely to refuse a patch to
> provide similar for Debian.

Right. It would make more sense to have the debian packaging bits
directly in a debian/ directory at the root of the source code as this
is where it will end up anyway.

> However, I can't guarantee that the upstream
> maintainers will keep the Debian parts up to date if we change
> dependency requirements or similar.

It seems that it may make more sense to maintain the debian packaging
bits in a different branch. I've already setup an import of the git
branch on LP [1]. My proposal is to maintain the debian packaging
branch there as a branch from the git import - what do you think?

[1]: https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/sssd/trunk

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer  http://www.ubuntu.com