[Fedora-packaging] python27-numpy scl build

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 06:04:40 UTC 2014

Dne 20.3.2014 05:25, Fabrice Cantos napsal(a):
> great
> after the rebuilt of the metapackage python27 and installed
> python27-build , I am able to generate more python27 libs (numpy, ...)
>
> thanks for your support
> Fabrice

Hi Fabrice,

Just for the record, you are not supposed to build yourself any
additional package into python27 collection. It is preferred to build
another collection, lets call it numpyXY, which will depend on python27
collection. The best example of depending collection so far is ror40
collection [1], which depends on ruby200 collection [2]. Unfortunately,
that is Ruby while there might be some Python specifics.

Vít

[1] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhscl/ror40/
[2] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rhscl/ruby200/