SCL on RH8!

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 16:14:09 UTC 2012

Looks like we have a tentative strategy at work (not saying who I work
for at the moment) to migrate some ancient systems from Red Hat 8 to
something more modern by first migrating from system perl (5.8.0) to an
scl-perl, which we are going to try and get up on RH8 and CentOS5.  Then
we can migrate the scripts to 5.16 at our leisure.  scl-utils compiles
and runs on RH8 (just needed to remove the -Wextra from the Makefile to
get it to compile).  I am now looking at SCL-izing perl 5.8.0 - to build
with rpm 4.1.1 - aagh!

Andrew