What is the status of software collections?

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 13:24:59 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 06:41 PM, Doran Barton wrote:
> On Thursday, November 08, 2012 09:48:25 AM Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>> The incorrect provides/requires didn't allow me to build other perl
>> packages, because dependencies can't be installed properly.
>
> What needs to happen so that the 5.16.x build includes the correct list of
> provides? What has historically provided this magic?

The perl516 meta-packages contains perl.prov.stack, which is run by rpm
and generate provides with correct prefix. The problem is that rpm can't
work well with perl files. We manually filtered unnecessary provides in
specfiles, but in every RHEL was different version of rpm with different
bugs and different way of filtering. I'd like to find solution, which
will work on all RHELs, so I won't have different specfiles.
The same problem are requires. Currently, I filtered provides in the
perl specfile (line 1380) and they look ok, but requires didn't filtered
what I wanted.

I didn't have much time lately, so I can't say, when it will be ready.

Marcela