What is the status of software collections?

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 06:46:31 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Doran Barton wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:50:54 PM Andrew Ford wrote:
> >
> >> I noticed that perl516-build conflicts with perl514-build, as both
> >> packages provide /usr/lib/rpm/perl.{prov,req}.stack
> >>

> > I noticed that too. In my perl516 package, I renamed them so they
> > did not
> > conflict:
> >
> > Source1: perl.prov.perl516
> > Source2: perl.req.perl516
> >

> I am probably going to have to have multiple collections for the same
> perl version - we have some systems that use a threadless build of
> perl,
> so we may end up with perl514, perl514tl, perl516, perl516tl, etc.  I
> was wondering whether there should be a "meta-meta" build package to
> contain these files, as the file content now seems to be scl package
> independent.
>
> Andrew

A "meta-meta" is usable. Another possibility is to use "layered" collections. E.g. you can do a collection named for example perl-meta, that will contain these two files. Then all other perl51x collections will require it for build. You can use '%scl_require scl' or '%scl_require_package pkg' (the first one requires a whole different SCL, the second one only a specific package from a different SCL) like this:
%{?scl: BuildRequires: %scl_require perl-meta} # requires the metapackage (and all of its deps), e.g. perl-meta
or
%{?scl: BuildRequires: %scl_require_package perl-meta-build} # requires just perl-meta-build and its deps
depending on where the files will actually be.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.