spec2scl problems

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 06:41:21 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> After seeing some chatter about spec2scl on this list, I decided to
> install it
> and try it out.  Here's what I'm seeing:
>
> $ cpanspec Template-Toolkit
> $ spec2scl -i perl-Template-Toolkit.spec
> $ rpmbuild -ba perl-Template-Toolkit.spec --define 'scl perl514'
> error: line 16: Unknown tag: scl enable perl514 '
>
> Line 16 of the spec file reads:
>
> %{?scl:scl enable %{scl} '}
>
> What am I doing incorrectly?

Hi Doran, thanks for trying spec2scl out. The bug you are mentioning is known and already fixed in upstream. I will release a new version sometime soon (I'll also have a look at the Requires that you mention in your other mail). Please note, that spec2scl will never be 100 % accurate, it's only a tool to help with converting the parts that can be converted automatically.

> --
> Doran L. Barton <doran at bluehost.com> - Senior Developer, Bluehost,
> RHCE
>  " Stop: Drive Sideways."