What is the status of software collections?

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 11:38:45 UTC 2012

I have just discovered software collections, having stumbled across
Jindrich Novy's "RHEL Packaging" presentation and the Fedora/RHEL
"Software Collections Guide" manual.  I had been trying to package up
non-system versions of Perl and CPAN modules for work, using a very
similar approach to scl.  I would like to recommend that we adopt
software collections, but apart from a flurry of activity in the middle
of the year, everything has gone quiet.  Is this a technology that has a
future?

Regards
Andrew

--