Build environment

Doran Barton doran at bluehost.com
Wed Jul 25 17:11:36 UTC 2012

My experimentation with software collections has transformed into a big
project where we will probably be building Perl (5.16, most likely) packages
for RHEL 5 and 6 for deployment across dozens, perhaps hundreds, of servers.

Up until now, I've been building these packages by hand in a CentOS 6 VM on my
laptop, but I realize to do it "right," I really need to set up a dedicated
build environment, possibly using something like Koji.

Additionally, what do you think about making perl514 or perl516 packages
available via EPEL? Once we have a build system in place, could we contribute
our packages to EPEL or should we just set up our own public repository?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

--
Doran L. Barton <doran at bluehost.com> - Senior Developer, Bluehost, RHCE
 "Please take yourself to anything you like."