perl.spec for perl514

Doran Barton doran at bluehost.com
Thu Jul 5 14:17:12 UTC 2012

I'm confused!

RPM *should* be able to figure out what Perl modules are provided by a package
automatically. The standard perl-Test-Simple package that I have installed on
my Fedora 17 system shows the following when I query with --provides:

perl(Test::Builder) = 0.98
perl(Test::Builder::Module) = 0.98
perl(Test::Builder::Tester) = 1.22
perl(Test::Builder::Tester::Color) = 1.22
perl(Test::Builder::Tester::Tie)
perl(Test::More) = 0.98
perl(Test::Simple) = 0.98
perl-Test-Simple = 0:0.98-212.fc17

When I query the perl-Test-Simple package I built for the perl514 scl:

$ rpm -qp ~/rpm/RPMS/noarch/perl514-perl-Test-Simple-0.98-2.el6.noarch.rpm --
provides
perl514-perl-Test-Simple = 0:0.98-2.el6

It doesn't show any of the CPAN modules included at all. What are we missing
that does the introspection and auto-sets the Provides tags?

--
Doran L. Barton <doran at bluehost.com> - Senior Developer, Bluehost
 "There is difference between up and down."