Scanning remote machines with OpenSCAP

Trevor Vaughan tvaughan at onyxpoint.com
Thu May 14 01:57:00 UTC 2015

Martin,

That's pretty amusing. I did a presentation yesterday regarding running
distributed OpenSCAP scans with MCollective.

The presentation can be found at
https://github.com/onyxpoint/presentation-puppetcamp2015-mco-oscap/blob/master/Distributed%20OpenSCAP%20Compliance%20Validation%20with%20MCollective.pdf
.

And the source code is at
https://github.com/trevor-vaughan/mcollective-openscap-agent.

Interesting to see two projects pop up almost at the same time.

I might have to steal your policy push idea. I had thought about it but
decided to go with straight SSG support.

Thanks,

Trevor

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Martin Preisler <mpreisle at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I have written a short blog post summarizing the latest addition to
> OpenSCAP called `oscap-ssh`.
>
> http://martin.preisler.me/2015/05/scanning-remote-machines-with-openscap/
>
> It allows users to scan remote machines using local files. The result
> files are transferred back and can be conveniently viewed on the local
> machine. This is very useful for testing and even auditing of remote
> machines.
>
> Feedback appreciated! Cross posting to SCAP Security Guide because
> this might be valuable to content authors.
>
> --
> Martin Preisler
> Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.
> --