Scanning a remote CentOS system with oscap-ssh

Fen Labalme fen at civicactions.com
Thu Jul 9 20:49:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm using openscap 1.2.5 and SSG 0.1.24 with:
PROFILE = xccdf_org.ssgproject.content_profile_stig-rhel7-server-upstream
DATASTREAM = ssg-centos7-ds.xml

Resulting in this command:
oscap-ssh root at example.com 22 xccdf eval --profile
xccdf_org.ssgproject.content_profile_stig-rhel7-server-upstream
--results-arf scans/results-arf.xml --results scans/results.xml --report
scans/results.html scap/ssg-centos7-ds.xml

This is mostly working (it scans 3 high, 11 medium and 42 low severity
controls) but getting:
oscap exit code: 2
(which I also see when scanning a RHEL71 machine)

For CentOS7, should I be using a different profile than the
"rhel7-server-upstream"?

And, any suggestions on how to debug the cause of the non-zero exit code?

Thanks!
=Fen

--
Fen Labalme, CivicActions.com