Implementing GitHub Milestones

Gabe Alford redhatrises at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 17:49:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Shawn Wells <shawn at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 9/3/14, 9:59 AM, Gabe Alford wrote:
>

>  Having pull requests merged against the existing baseline would be huge
>> as well, especially for release note documentation. Any idea how to set
>> that up?
>>

>  Do you mean that all pull requests from the time github use started to
> today be added to the 0.1.19 milestone? Or.....?
>

> I may have misread your note.
>
> What I *though* I read was there was a magical way to automatically
> associate new pull requests with a specific milestone label. This would be
> very, very cool, but can't find any docs on if that's possible (e.g.
> marking the patch in some special way, giving it some special commit tag,
> etc). If possible, awesome! If not, oh well.

 It looks like at this point a lot of it is a manual process which the pull
requestor or the merger could just make sure it is associated with the
correct milestone. Someone would need to open/close milestones as once a
milestone is needed/completed. There might be a way to do this through
github webhooks https://developer.github.com/webhooks/. Not sure if any of
these software products would work: https://github.com/stephencelis/ghi or
https://github.com/node-gh/gh