Test run of Jenkins (CI tool)

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 16:42:14 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ronald" <mini.pelle at gmail.com>
> To: "SCAP Security Guide" <scap-security-guide at lists.fedorahosted.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:36:10 PM
> Subject: Re: Test run of Jenkins (CI tool)
>
> why not using travis? https://travis-ci.org/

Because we need more than Travis can offer. Travis uses Ubuntu LTS AFAIK.
You simply cannot get RHEL6 slaves there. Furthermore, I doubt they will
let us use docker in there.

> You would simply need to create you unit tests and define travis test
> commands (a simple and single .travis.yml file), bind your github repo on
> your travis account and travis will stage and run you test on a temporary
> instance and destroy it when tests are over.
> It also enables you to automatically do the full testing and integretion
> testing on each push in a branch or pull request.

Yeah, this works fine for many projects but scap-security-guide is more
demanding in this regard. We need to evaluate real systems and we need
root access.

--
Martin Preisler