New report and guide in openscap 1.1.0

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 13:21:10 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Would it be possible to use a legend then in both cases & don't display
category names at all (to be consistent)?

e.g. something like:

  Rule result breakdown         [red_square] Failed [green_square] Passed [orange_square] Notchecked

  then display just

  [green][red][orange]

  proportion bar (without the Failed etc. square labels)

  Failed rules by severity breakdown [red_square] Important [orange_square] Medium [Light blue] Low

  then display just

  [red][orange][light_blue]

  proportion bar (without the Important, Medium etc labels)

> > * "Score" table - the rules that passed are scored in percentage
> >   ('58.46%'), while the failed ones aren't - could same percentage
> >   be added there?,
>
> This is just XCCDF scoring, please refer to the specification.

Ok.

> > * there's one case (FWICT) of overflowing table yet -- for the
> >   "Ensure auditd Collects Unauthorized Access Attempts to Files
> >   (unsuccessful)"
> >   rule. Not in the "dialog view', but rather after clicking the
> >   "Show all rule details" button (dialog view is fine).
>
> Good catch. It's because it's description that's overflowing there,
> not remediation or OVAL results.
>
> Fixed in 03745668e4d6e43ff668a5285507482e7118b41c

Thank you.

> > * (Kind request) - could the default links colour be set to be the
> >   same as the background light blue colour used in the "identifiers:"
> >   field (to reduce count of colours yet)
>
> No. I use bootstrap CSS, I try to deviate as little as possible.
> I am not a designer. Tell this to the bootstrap folks at getbootstrap.com

Ok.

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Technologies Team