Best ways to say this system is not compliant

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 12:48:17 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I decided to avoid using the word compliant at all in this case.
XCCDF spec defines what it means on the report but people may think
the word has a different meaning and may be shocked.

So instead I decided to explicitly say how many rules failed or were
inconclusive.

For example:
"The target system did not satisfy conditions of 131 rules! Furthermore,
the results of 2 rules were inconclusive. Please review rule results
and consider applying remediation."

See https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/openscap.git/commit/?id=6e622f7d86a1061ce0cb4546307b651d4c970f84

Does this help the situation? Is this a good summary of the TestResult?

--
Martin Preisler